Tahoe Basin MyMaps

Tahoe Basin MyMaps 

This assignment was my first time using Google's MyMaps feature. I found it to be quite easy to navigate and it was much more simple than I expected creating an online map to be.  'Technology for Teachers and Students' had a great Youtube tutorial video (thanks Jim!). 

Although I decided not to include layers (due to wanting to keep my map a bit more simple and easier to read), I think that it's a great way for one to differentiate different categories of data for future map creation. One thing with MyMaps is that you will not be able to label specific points. I wanted to name just labels to the five mountain ranges on my map but because all my points were created within the same layer, it was an all or none type of deal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog